July 1, 2019
Fighting Today…Focused on the Future!
The Bargaining team is currently working on a detailed summary for the contract explanation meeting for Local Presidents, which will be held on Tuesday, July 9th. The detailed information will then be shared with membership.
The following is a short summary of some highlights from the tentative agreement.
· General Wage Increase of 10.50% for all titles covered in the Midwest agreement over the life of the agreement. 3% Retroactive from February 5th, 2019, 3% at ratification and 2.25% on April 12, 2020 and 2.25% on April 11, 2021.
· 1% increase in each year of the agreement to Pension Bands (For a total of 4% over the term of the agreement), maintained BCB2 Pension plan for existing employees and new hires.
· Maintained Traditional Health Care Plan and all ancillary benefits with 29% cost share for term of agreement. Moved 2015 new hires into the current employee plan, resulting in lower out of pocket costs for these individuals.
· Protected Article 26 and associated MOA’s, including ESC and EEOP.
· Improvements to Appendix A13 (Monitoring).
· A commitment to increase headcount at Dayton and Southfield call centers by at least 50.
· Maintained Appendix A6 (Success Sharing Plan).
· Maintained all overtime provisions.
· Maintained neutrality, card check and successorship language.
· New letter on providing Paid Parental Leave.
· Appendix F improvements including: seniority language under 7.03 (Force Adjustment), meal reimbursement without receipts, improvements in guaranteed personal time off, increased layoff notification and allowance, a commitment to discuss contracted out DirecTV work to address any planned future force reductions, and no change in job duties.
· Appendix G will be merged into the main agreement.
Your elected bargaining team and District 4 Vice President, Linda L. Hinton are in support of this agreement.
Your CWA District 4 Bargaining Team: